Hi, I’m Rosa Ferreiro
A native of Spain, I’ve spent over a decade living and studying in Germany, and have even obtained German citizenship.
I feel entirely at home with both my native and adoptive cultures, which means you can be sure nothing will be lost in translation when it comes to your vital documents or important events.
Before beginning my freelance journey, I studied at some of the best universities in the field: Salamanca, Hildesheim, ISIT Paris and Heidelberg, where I gained a Master’s Degree in Conference Interpreting as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in Translation Studies.
My education stood me in such good stead for my career as a freelance linguist that I decided to give back, and now teaching simultaneous and consecutive interpreting at the University of Heidelberg.
I’m passionate about what I do, and deliver exactly what you need: translations that are turned around quickly, but never compromise on quality.
My clients’ priorities are my priorities, always.
I believe in:
Why trust me?
- BA in Translation from the University of Heidelberg
- MA in Conference Interpreting from the University of Heidelberg
- Freelance translator and interpreter since 2015
- Sworn translator in both Spain and Germany
- Lecturer at the University of Heidelberg
- Member of the examination board for the German state certification for translators and interpreters
- Numerous happy customers. Would you like to see some references from them? Just get in touch!
In this ever-changing world, yesterday’s knowledge doesn’t cut it.
That’s why I regularly take part in courses and conferences in order to stay up-to-date, improve my skills and hone my expertise in my fields of specialisation.
Here’s a selection of the courses I’ve attended lately:
- Spain’s judicial system (BDÜ, 2020)
- Specialist in Financial Translation (Tragora, 2020)
- Vocal training for interpreters (BDÜ, 2020)
- Legal Translation (Academia de Traducción Jurídica, 2021)
- Economic and Financial Translation (Academia de Traducción Jurídica, 2021)
- Currently enrolled in law school in order to further my knowledge (UNED/UOC, since 2019)
Would you like to see my credentials? Just contact me!
The woman behind the words
As you might have guessed, I’m a language geek through and through.
On top of my native Spanish and Galician and my main languages German and English, I’ve studied French, Italian, Swedish and Mandarin Chinese.
And that passion for languages shines through with every word I translate or interpret.
But when I’m not working my magic with words, I’m usually indulging one of my other quirky interests.
Whether I’m listening to podcasts, adding to my board game collection, watching a 70s sci-fi movie or painting, I put my heart and soul into everything I do.
I’d love to channel that energy into your project.